As many of you are aware, the latest Cloud version of Solver BI360 software was released in 2019. Version 4.7 is the last version available in the 4.x series.Version 5.x is substantially different from previous versions and is no longer a straight upgrade. Below is all the info you need to know.
As a current Solver BI360 client, you have three options
- Upgrade to Solver BI360 V5.X Cloud version - this will involve switching to a new subscription based pricing model. Solver are offering a 40% discount to current clients on the first year. We've linked to the latest Solver information about their Cloud product below.
- Upgrade to Solver BI360 V5.X On-Premise version - this will involve a significant change to infrastructure/server requirements. We've provided a link below to the System Requirements.
- Stay on Solver BI360 V4.X - V4.7 is the last version available in the 4 Series. Solver will support V4.X for some time with bug fixes etc. Clients on these 4 series versions will still have access to the Solver website and we will continue to support you at Olympic.
Benefits to switching to the new 5.X version
- Browser based user interface means easy access from anywhere with internet
- Faster reporting
- Version 5 budgeting is significantly improved, visual tracking of workflows. Write back settings are considerably easier.
- Built in API to Power BI for data visualization
- Simple drag and drop style integration to data sources through preconfigured Data warehouse
- Built in Report Playlists for Board presentations
- New View Only users makes it easier to share reports
- Easy integrations to most ERP systems including MS Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Solver Information and System Requirements
- Solver Brochure
- Solver Whitepaper - Overview of the Solver Suite
- Solver Whitepaper - Financial Consolidations
- Faster and Better Decisions with Power BI for Solver
- Solver Power BI Brochure
- BI360 System Requirements Version 5.2
If you'd like to discuss your Solver BI360 options directly, or get an estimate for moving to the Cloud version, please get in touch.